The PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) is an important part of many American schools in the United States and overseas. It is the primary volunteer group of parents that works with teachers and the school's administration to help provide the best learning and social environment possible for our children.
AOSR has carried on the tradition of having an active and vibrant PTO throughout its 65 year old history.
Our main purpose is to provide an opportunity for parents to get involved in supporting school-wide events and activities. We work together, along with teachers and the school’s administration to provide support for student programs, social activities and fundraising events. The PTO designs its activities and events to enhance the educational experience of all our students. We invite you to join us as we work together to enrich the education of our students and strengthen the connection between school and home. We depend on you to volunteer and make these events a success.
The AOSR PTO works in the following areas:
- Grade 3 Publishing Project: February through April
- Falcon Boosters: A group of parent volunteers dedicated to supporting our HS varsity sports programs
- Sale of School Supplies and AOSR Logo Items: First week and a half of school
- Booster Bar: Barbecued hamburgers, veggie burgers, and hot dogs every Friday from 14:45 - 16:30 in front of the gym to raise money for school clubs, sports' teams and other groups
PTO Boutique:Used clothing, books, household items.
Open Tuesdays (10:30-13:30) and Fridays (14:00 - 16:00).
- Mayfair: Annual school wide spring celebration and fundraiser is always the 2nd Saturday in May from 11:00 - 16:00
- Winter Holiday Bazaar: Arts and Crafts, some of the best Italian wine and specialty foods on the first or second week in December.
- Family Picnic: International food, musical entertainment, family fun and games. At the beginning of the school year the Family Picnic is a great opportunity for the whole school community to meet old friends or make new friends and spend some time in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
- Falcon Flyer: Online and paper version monthly school newsletter produced in conjunction with HS students in Desktop Publishing class.
- PTO Newcomer's Handbook: Distributed at the beginning of each school year
- ES and MS school liaison updates: Volunteers coordinate and communicate school activities
- Healthy snacks: Served during exam weeks for MS and HS students (December and June) and during June sports days for ES and MS.
If you are interested in working with us on any of these events/programs, please sign up at school or contact us at email@example.com:
Ms. Kaprial Martinez-Perez, PTO President
We look forward to your involvement!