Secondary School Library
Stett Harrison Library Media Center
The Secondary Library Media Program is based on the school’s philosophy and mission statement.
The program is student centered and is meant to lead to a student’s growth as an individual life-long learner. In addition, the program strives to establish a collegial bond among teachers and staff members where everyone is able to find the resources and the support needed to provide the best teaching and learning experiences possible for our students. Parents are welcome to use the library and all of its resources.
The program is there to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas by providing resources in alignment with curricular needs and focusing on information literacy. The School Library Media Specialist teaches students how to synthesize information and connect new knowledge to both local and global communities. Information technology is utilized to maintain and create partnerships at an international level.
About the Library
- Serves all middle and high school students, faculty, and staff
- A collection of over 12,000 volumes and numerous digital titles.
- Fifteen magazines in English, French, and Spanish
- Daily newspapers in Italian and English are available
- Multilingual resources to meet the needs of the International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement Programs
- Parents are welcome
- Staffed by a Library Media Specialist
The library is a safe environment conducive to learning; in order to keep it this way the following are not allowed in the library:
- food and drink, except for water in a closed container
- loud talking
Students are allowed to use the library computers and their own laptops for academic purposes.