Artistic Gymnastics (After School Activity)
"Artistic Gymnastics is a creative blend of daring and control; powerful yet refined, elegant yet strong. Mastery on the four apparatus requires skills that flip, balance, swing and soar.
- Enhances co-ordination and agility, for body awareness and balance
- Develops posture and confident body movement, including the ability to land safely
- Enhances creativity and builds self-confidence, for sport and life
- Develops strength and flexibility, for life's constant challenges
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later life"*
*Definition and description of Artistic Gymnastics come from the Gymnastics Australia website.
At AOSR, classes are open to all students, male and female, from Kindergarten to High School. Students are distributed in homogeneous groups according to their level of ability rather than by age.
Each lesson includes:
- A general warm up (pace, run, jump, etc.)
- Stretching (split, bridges and reversed)
- Strengthening muscles (abs, push ups etc.)
- Work on the specific techniques (beam, vault, floor exercise)
At the end of the school year, all children can participate in the final competition that takes place in our gym and perform one or more of the techniques learned during class: vault, beam and floor exercises.
Our Artistic Gymnastics Team 2017-2018 During Training and Competitions
A big thank you goes to Lauren Waite, Elementary Computer Teacher, for her amazing job in editing the video.