AOSR at a Glance
Established in 1947, the American Overseas School of Rome has a long tradition of providing a rigorous and well-rounded American international education to Pre-K through Grade 12 students.
A Multicultural Community
AOSR is home to an international student body of around 600 students with approximately one third from the United States, one third from Italy, and the remaining third from 45 different countries.
AOSR offers the best of an American-International education in a supportive learning environment. We inspire a diverse student body to courageously meet the demands of a changing world through an engaging and creative curriculum.
Respect, Collaboration, Responsibility, Community Learning and Trust.
The American Overseas School of Rome is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and was the first international school to be awarded MSA's prestigious International Credential.
AOSR is a member of RISA (Rome International Schools Association), CIS (Council of International Schools) and ECIS.
Are you interested in AOSR? Please contact us using the form below.
IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Program since 1989
- Two year rigorous pre-university course of studies that meets the needs of highly motivated students.
- Diploma holders gain admission to prestigious universities in the US, Europe and worldwide.
- Equipollenza with the Italian "Maturità".
First school in Italy to offer the AP (Advanced Placement) Program
- 18 AP courses in many subject areas to earn college credit, advanced placement, or both while still in high school.
- Hundreds of universities in over 55 countries recognize the Advanced Placement program in admitting students
- Recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education as a valid entry requirements for Italian universities.
Only School in Rome to Offer Both AP and IB Programs
AOSR is currently the only school in Rome to offer both AP and IB programs, giving your child and family the choice.
A Wide Selection of After School Activities
An AOSR education means having access to a world of activities outside of the classroom that range from sports to arts to music to languages for every age-level.
Our After School Activities are intended to help students to become culturally aware and to help them foster concepts such as collaboration, cooperation, and team work. They also nurture interpersonal relationships and a feeling of community.